Commercial Auto

What does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?


Florida Commercial Auto insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, personal injury protection and uninsured motorists coverage. However, there are several differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and a personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits. Most Commercial Auto policies are “named driver only” policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto. Most Commercial Auto policies have endorsements for Hired & Non-Owned coverage as well as Medical Payments.

Do you need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?


If you are using your auto to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your auto to conduct a service, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy and perhaps a General Liability policy if you contract with Hospitals, Airports or Municipalities. We have competitive markets for all types of business auto, including:

Garbage / Dump trucks – Any type of large truck.
Flatbed / Box trucks – Bucket and cranes trucks as well.
Lunch and Tow trucks – Flatbed and On-Hook Coverage available.
Pickup / Semi trucks – Including trailers.
Transportation Vehicles – Taxi’s and Non-Emergency Transport.

SUV’s, Cars, Vans and more!

What are the coverages?

Bodily injury liability coverage – This pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense up to the specific limits.

Property damage liability coverage – Property damage liability coverage provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another person’s property. It also provides you with a legal defense.

Combined single limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.

Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – This extremely important coverage usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.

Uninsured motorist coverage – This coverage pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, under insured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.

Comprehensive physical damage coverage – This pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.

Collision coverage – Just like the name sounds, this pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.


Our office has access to multiple Commercial Auto Insurance companies. We can provide you with the customer service your company deserves and find you a policy that is competitive with a stable insurance company. Complete a quote form online or call us today at 1-800-493-1886


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *